Last month NCJW|LA hosted INEQUITY AND THE RISE OF ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE: A Night of Storytelling + Action for Safe and Healthy Neighborhoods. Eleven organizations who are fighting for environmental and social justice for local communities every day partnered with us, and around 100 people attended. Attendees engaged in exercises and discussion about environmental justice issues in Los Angeles, and learned about how to take action and support the work of environmental justice advocates.
NCJWLA is known for its initiatives serving the community, particularly social justice for women, children, and families. Recognizing the disproportionate impact of environmental pollution and climate change on some communities over others in Southern California, which greatly impacts the health and safety of families, NCJWLA’s Advocacy Committee has resolved to support legislation protecting our environment.
Black Women for Wellness
California Environmental Justice Alliance
California League of Conservation Voters
California State Assemblymember Cristina Garcia
Center for Biological Diversity
Communities for a Better Environment
Heal the Bay
Healthy Active Streets
Physicians for Social Responsibility – Los Angeles
* Martha Dina Argüello, Executive Director, Physicians for Social Responsibility – Los Angeles
* Cesar Campos, Public Engagement Supervisor, Department of Toxic Substances Control
* Strela Cervas, Statewide Organizing Director, California Environmental Justice Alliance and CEJA Action
* Marissa Chan, Environmental Research and Policy Coordinator, Black Women for Wellness
* Monique López, Social Justice Planner & Policy Advocate